Thursday, May 08, 2008

Phone Interview

When I got home Monday afternoon, I had a voicemail on my cell phone. A principal from a middle school in Charlotte, NC called me. She said that she wouldn't be in on Tuesday. I called her yesterday morning about 8:45 am (I was on my planning period). Set up a time for this afternoon for a phone interview. I was to receive a call between 3:15 and 4 pm today. I got home at 3:15 pm.

The Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Middle Schools in Charlotte, are grades 6-8. If I did middle school, I'd prefer sixth grade. But my favorite grades are fourth and fifth grades.

Back to the interview...She asked me a few questions that everybody asks. There were a few nobody has asked, or in a way that hasn't been asked me. She is looking for a stable person, someone who does not move around. Yes, I was in three school districts in three years, but I did stay in Dallas for 6 years. (I did inventory for 12 years.) She asked me, what did principals, co-workers say were my strengths? What about areas I was told to work on? What have I done to work on those areas, that I need to work on. One of my answers, I can't work on it, because I am subbing, not teaching full-time. Nobody has really come out and asked me why am I subbing. They kinda have, and I have said that what is going on in my life, I need to be in OH.

When I get a job, is when I will tell that district about my Melanoma and I am in treatment for it. I have to tell them, because certain doctor appointments will cause me to take off from school, and will need a sub.

Speaking of subbing, I worked 4 days last week. Working 5 days this week. I am already scheduled to work 4 days next week, and 2 days the following week. School gets out around here June 5 or 6. I will work through June 2 or 3.

Since I have gotten back from NC, I haven't had the gumption to work on applications and email principals. I need to do that.

No comments: