Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Cpap Machine

Yesterday afternoon, after my staff development, I had an appointment at a medical supply store about the cpap machine that I need. The therapist showed me the machine and how it worked, how to put it together, and tried a couple of masks on me. The machine is calibrated between 5-20. The lower the better, and mine is at 8. One part is the dehumidifier, and I can only put distilled water in it. The machine is not that big. The jury is still out on whether or not I will take it with me when I travel.

I set it up last night, and it is to be lower than my bed, and it is. I found out, that I have to hit play on my cd player before I can put the mask on. And, I have to do this in the dark. It was uncomfortable laying on my left side (the way I normally sleep). Took me longer to fall asleep. I have to get used to it. My hair needs to be up with the mask on. I woke up this morning, so tired. With using it, I am not supposed to be tired when I get up in the morning. The machine is supposed to be pushing the oxygen down to my lungs, so I would be getting more air at night than I have been getting. It looks like it is put together correctly. If things don't improve, then I will call over to the store next week and talk to them about it.

1 comment:

Neil Exequiel said...

Hey!!Nice blog..In This innovation of CPAP Machines is really good to those people who have sleep apnea problem..