Monday, August 22, 2011

Two Tests and a Funeral

This morning I had a CT scan. I noticed that the pillow wasn't at the usual end it is on, where my feet goes into the machine first. My head went in first, because the doctor ordered my neck to be scanned along with my chest, abdomen, and pelvic areas.

The nurse prefers accessing ports while the person is lying down. I work better sitting up. The nurse had a problem with me sitting up, so I lied down and it was working that way either. The nurse asked for another person to come in, but before she was needed, she somehow got blood return. They taped it down that way for it to work.

After my CT scan, I walked over to a different building for a lung function test. This wasn't the complete test, like the one done in May.

I got up to school around 10:30am. Took upstairs to my room things that were in my car. Left school around noon for Dave's funeral.

The funeral was nice. Four people spoke, three pastors, and the Dean of Northern OH from IWU. Then Dave's sister and three brothers spoke. The service lasted an hour. Stories were told about Dave, verses shared. People laughed and cried. We caught up with those we hadn't seen in a long time. There were people there from Real Life when I was part of it in the mid '90's to those who are in Real Life now. It was a very nice service. Dave will be missed. He touched a lot of people here on Earth. He meant different things to different people. We have all been blessed to have had Dave in our lives.

No comments: