Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Indians Game #3

Last night's game was the first of three for the month of August. For all three, we have four tickets for the game. A couple from my parent's church came with us. Last night started a three game series against the Detroit Tigers.We sat in right field. The seats were okay. Sitting in left center was better.

Justin Masterson was our starting pitcher. He did pretty good the first inning. We scored two runs in the bottom of the first. Justin allowed the Tigers to come back and tie the game in the top of the second. We did nothing in the bottom half of that inning. When I go to a game, I get into the game and can cheer loud. I get into the game at home watching it on tv or listening to it on the radio. Toward the end of the second, a guy from two rows down, turns around and asks me to be quiet. That is the first time that has happened. I didn't say anything back to him. I didn't think there was anything wrong with me cheering as loud as I was for my guys. Neither did my mom, nor who was with us at the game. If you don't want to be around loud cheering, then don't go to a game.

Right after the second inning ended, the grounds crew came out to put the tarp onto the infield. It got dark, with lightening, and thunder. On the jumbo tron, they showed cartoons and the White Sox game. After two hours and one minute, the game resumed. We went back to our seats, and felt a few drops, and thinking it was going to rain again, we went home.

I stayed up watching the game until the 11th inning. I went to bed. That was around 12:30 am. The game went to 14 innings and ended a little before 2 am, with bases loaded and our new guy getting hit by a pitch to walk in the winning run. Justin didn't come back out after the rain delay. The whole bullpen pitched at least one inning last night.

No comments: