Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life is so Short

This afternoon/evening was calling hours for a friend I have known for 15/16 years. Tomorrow is his funeral. He's been gone a week. Back in 1991, I started going to The Chapel, to the college class during the summer and when I was home from college. I moved over to Real Life either in the fall of 1994 (when I was doing my Student Teaching) or in the winter of 1995. That is when I met this friend and his sister. Before I moved to TX, he led our Thursday night time along with another friend. Fun times. We weren't close, but we were friends. After moving back home 4 1/2 years ago, I'd see him periodically. He'd help teach the class on Sunday mornings, come to the Christmas party. In December of '09, I went to the calling hours for his mother. I was back there for his calling hours today. It was hard to see him in that casket.

How we all found out of his death, was a week ago. I was playing on the computer, and was on Facebook, there was a note from a friend announcing his death. It was a real shock to hear of his passing. When he went home that morning, he stood in front of God and heard "Well, done, my good and faithful servant." I know the choices I have made in my life. I know I will spend enternity in Heaven, but I've been thinking about will I hear that from God. God is good. God had his reasons for taking my friend home early Sunday morning, August 14, 2011. Rest in peace, Dave Wright.

No comments: