Monday, February 20, 2012

CT Results and other Medical Stuff

   I saw my oncologist this morning. I had a long wait in the room to see him, which is unusual. I was weighed and it was different to Curves weight and when I was weighed at a different doctor's office this afternoon. Even my blood pressure was different at each place. The CT results: minor lymph node changes, kidney stone, minor lung changes, spleen slightly abnormal. Labs said I was slightly anemic, but that is due to having blood drawn just after finishing my period. Overall, my oncologist was pleased, and I do not have to see him or have another CT scan for a year. I am scheduled for next February. I can always call him and schedule an appointment if I need to. He also, asked about what I want to do with my port. I said I want to keep it, since I do not trust my veins, they are very hard to access.
     I saw my personal physician after lunch for my yearly physical. I do have to leave another urine sample in a couple of weeks, since she saw blood in this sample. My left ear was cleaned back in December, and had to be cleaned out again today. I got a prescription for another antibiotic for my third sinus infection in two months. I was given a stronger one this time. If I get continue to get sinus infections, then she will schedule me to have a scans done of my sinuses. I told her that I thought I had a bone spur, so she gave me orders to have my left ankle/heel x-rayed. When I left her office, I went over to the Wellness Center to get an x-ray. I do have a heel spur. I will wait to hear from my doctor about what she wants to do about that. I did buy new shoes on Saturday, hoping they will help with the spur. I also have a small mass in my left breast I found and she felt it also. For that, will just be keeping an eye on it myself. If it gets bigger, then I am to call my doctor.
      In between my doctor appointments, I went to Curves. Today, was my 9th visit of the month and my 104th visit since I started in December 2010. I was weighed and measured this morning. According to their records, I hadn't lost weight in the past month, but lost inches all over. I lost between 1/4 inch to 2 inches.

No comments: