Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Weekend

This was my scrapbooking weekend.  It had been planned since the last one, back in October.  I took Friday off from school.  We were able to check in starting at 3 pm, and could start working on our albums at 4 pm.  I left the house about 2:50 pm.  I was only going about an hour away.  I got off the exit fine, turned right, sitting at the light, when I was given the arrow to turn left, nothing, and I mean nothing.  My car wouldn't move.

  About 30 minutes later,  or so, a police officer pushed my car, with his, out of the intersection.  I wanted to go left, but he turned me right.  Another police officer stopped traffic, so I could be pushed off the road.  While that was going on, I was on the phone with AAA to have my car towed home.  I was told up to an hour an half of a wait.  The tow truck guy was there within 15 minutes.  I called my friend, and she sent somebody from the hotel, (about 1/2 mile away) to come and get me and my stuff.  My car was towed to a shop in Norton, and I stayed put in Mayfield Heights.  I completed my two books and somebody from there brought me home.

   I had to get my transmission rebuilt and they did a few other repairs also.  The first police officer who stopped to see about helping me, had chew in his bottom lip, you could see the bulge.  The tow truck guy had dropping pants.

No comments: