Monday, February 18, 2013

I think this is scare #6

So far, February has been a rough month, and March will also be rough.  Last Friday (2/15) I had my CT scan with contrast.  I saw my oncologist this morning for the results.  As the title says, another scare that my cancer is back.  What did the scan say?  Lymph nodes a little worse and they are not easily accessible; small nodules in both lungs 2-7 mm in size and too small to be biopsied, and my spleen is 2 cm bigger. My blood word I had done on the 5th cam back good.  I found out today that I was diagnosed with granuloma disease two years ago.  Go to the following website to find out more information about granuloma disease: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001239.htm. From reading this, I think my brother also had granuloma disease.  According to the website, it is an inherited disease, so both of my parents are carriers.

Next Monday (2/25) I will have a Pet/CT scan.  That Friday (3/1) I will be seeing a new doctor, a Cardiothoracic surgeon in the morning and see my oncologist early that afternoon.  I googled the surgeon, and from what I read, he is to be a top notch surgeon/doctor.

Depending on what the PET/CT scan says will determine the next steps.  Biopsy? Surgery?

It seems like every year, I have a scare of some kind.  I am tired of having a scare every year.  When can I go a year without scares?

Father,
      I know you know what you are doing?  You have plans to prosper me, not to harm me.  Please give me the strength to get through this.  I also what you to be glorified during this time.  Please use me in whatever way you deem.  Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.  I am not happy.  This on top of Timmy's death, and the stress of the school year seems to be too much bear.

Amen

No comments: