Thursday, February 14, 2013

RIP Timothy Andrew Sanyo

     Janiuary 30, 1977-February 13, 2013, is the life span for my brother.  He was admitted to the ICU this past Sunday morning.  I saw him that afternoon.  He was put on a respirator Monday to try to help clear up his lungs and to make it easier to breathe.  I was told Tuesday night that he wasn't doing good. A little before 1:30 pm yesterday, while my students were at special, I got a call, saying that Timmy was coming off the respirator and only had hours to live. I left school and went straight to the hospital.  We had a roomful of people.  We told stories about him and laughed, stories about how much of a stinker he could be.
     About 9:45 pm, he was moved out of ICU and to a regular floor.  I left a few minutes before 10 pm to come home and go to bed.  A little before 10:30 pm, the hospital called to say that Timmy had died.  I've been crying off and on since yesterday afternoon.
   My first thought was if I knew he would only live 30 more minutes that I would've stayed.  Then a few minutes later, I thought,  maybe he waited until I left to die, just to be a stinker one more time.  Like he had the last word.

This was taken on Christmas in 2010.

Timmy's funeral will be Tuesday, March 5 at Grace Baptist Church on Firestone Blvd, in Akron, OH at 11 am, and visitation at 10 am.  He will be burried next to Grandpa Sanyo.

No comments: