Monday, July 29, 2013

I Do Not Have a Blood Clot

I am not sure how soon after getting back from VA, I noticed that my right leg was swollen, and it hurts in a couple of areas.  I had two massages last week, because of my sore and tight muscles.  I called and was able to get an appointment to see my doctor this morning.  I didn't think all of the swelling was due to my lymphodema that I have had in my right leg since the LND.

  I saw her and she wanted me to get an ultrasound of my leg and an x-ray of my foot and ankle.  I wasn't allowed to leave until they got the results and looked at it.  My doctor and I both had thought blood clot.  I was scheduled for the ultrasound at 2:15 pm.  After the ultrasound, I got the x-rays.  then I sat and waited.  I do not have a blood clot in my right leg  or foot.  I am to wear my compression stocking every day, and if the swelling doesn't go down by the end of the week, call to make an appointment to see her again.

  It is good news not to have a blood clot.  We think the swelling is due to being on my feet and all of the walking I did in the heat while in VA.  I even wore my compression stocking while in VA.

No comments: