Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Trip to Virginia

  Last week, I went to Mechanicsville, VA to see a friend.  Three of the days, I was down in Williamsburg.  I left a week ago, on the 14th.  Monday, I went to the Metro Richmond Zoo and The Science Museum of Richmond.  At the zoo, I laughed hysterically for about 15-20 minutes while trying to feed the giraffes. I kept dumping food on the to the ground.  it is a weird feeling having their tongue lick your hand.  I saw them licking the wooden post, and even stick their tongue down into a kid's cup of food, trying to eat out of the cup.  I also enjoyed the science museum.

   On Tuesday, went to Colonial Williamsburg. (This part has been reconstructed.) Williamsburg was the capital of VA from 1699-1780.  Richmond became the capital in 1780.  The first capital of VA was Jamestown. 

The second picture is called the Magazine, it is where the gunpowder for the whole town was kept.

    Wednesday, I went to Jamestown Settlement, which includes reconstructed James Fort, Powhatan Village, and the three ships they sailed on from England.  Historical Jamestown is just now an archaeological dig site.  Then I took the driving tour of the Yorktown Battlefields.  I saw where General George Washington's headquarters was.  I stood near the spot where General Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington in 1781.  I saw the field where the British and German soldiers had to march to, to lay down their weapons.  After that, I spend about an hour at Yorktown Victory Center.


A picture of the map of the battlefields that I followed on my driving tour.


Thursday, I spent the day at Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.  I had supper with Elmo and Friends.  I saw Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, and Abby.



Cookie Monster photo bombed this picture.



No comments: