Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Today's visit with the Lung Doctor

  I had an appointment with my lung doctor this morning.  I had a blood test in 2011 to check my ACE levels (lets you know about sarcoid) and it was less than 3.  I had it done back in March of this year and it was 63.  It is on the high end of normal.  I had blood drawn this morning via my veins to check my ACE levels again.  I will have this test done again in October. 

   He said my platelets being a little low could be because of my spleen being bigger.  But, he doesn't know for sure.  It is hard to know what to do, should we treat my sarcoid, or continue to wait.  With being a survivor of Melanoma, that is what is making it hard.  I've had surgery twice to see if it was back, but it was just the sarcoid causing the problems.  For now, we are going to wait. 

  I will be having a PET/CT scan or just a CT scan in the next three months.  depending on what that shows, will determine if we decide to treat my sarcoid or continue to wait.  So far, I do not have to go on steroids!  Yeah! In three months that might change.

No comments: