Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Last Week's CT Scan's Results

  Last Friday, June 28, I had a CT scan.  I saw my oncologist this morning.  Lymph nodes and lung nodules are still they same.  They haven't shrunk or gotten bigger.  My spleen has gotten bigger.  As of now, I have a PET/CT scan scheduled for next Wednesday.  That can be cancelled due to my insurance.  My oncologist will tell them there are new symptoms due to my spleen. If the PET/CT scan is cancelled or comes up inconclusive, I will have another CT scan in October.

  My oncologist does not want to do another biopsy.  If he tries to biopsy my spleen, there will be a lot of bleeding.  The problem with this is, is that I have sarcoid.  With sarcoid symptoms (when it is active), it makes it look like the melanoma is back.  Sarcoid and Melanoma have the same symptoms. Sarcoid is an autoimmune disease and I will have it for  life.

  In three weeks, I see my lung doctor, and I will find out then, if I have to start taking steroids.  If I do, steroids are supposed to shrink the lymph nodes.  I do not want to start taking steroids, because of the side effects. 

No comments: