Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Saw my Lung Doctor Today

  I've had so much blood drawn this month!  The second time this month, was for seeing my lung doctor today, to have my ACE levels checked.  This is down.  My calcium level has been going up all year.  January it was 9, in July 10.1, and earlier this month, it was 12.4.  I had a PET/CT scan in August just before the start of the school year.  Here are the results from that: the lymph nodes in my abdomen are better (the swelling have decreased), the lymph nodes are still swollen in under both of my arm pits and in my left groin area, and my spleen is bigger than it was  in February.   I have been getting headaches off an on since June.  I have been told to keep track of them, because people can have neurosarcoid.  I do not have any other symptoms for neurosarcoid.  He was debating on scheduling me to have an MRI on my head/brain.  As of now, I am not getting an MRI.

  I will be taking predisone for three months.  I will see this doctor on Martin Luther King Jr. day.  At that time, will talk about some kind of scan, because that is the best way to see if there are changes or not.  I am hoping that the side effects are not that bad.  One of the major side effects is gaining weight.  I have lost some weight, and do not want to gain a lot of it.

  I had to get a flu shot this afternoon, because of going on steroids.

No comments: