Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Today's Doctors' Visits

      I took the day off from school for three different doctor/dentist visits that I had scheduled for today.
     The first one was at 10 am with my kidney doctor.  I got the blood and urine tests results that were done October 18 and 20th.  All of the levels have gone down.  My creantin level is still just slightly over 2, my calcium is now in the normal range.  I have been diagnosed with Kidney Sarcoid.  There has been damage done to my kidneys.  We do not know if the damage will reverse itself, or what.  If the steroids I am on, do its job, then hopefully, the damage won't be too bad.  If I do or do not go off of steroids in two months, then I have to let my kidney doctor know.  If I do go off of them, then I will have blood work done in the middle of February to see what my different levels are.  As of now, I am scheduled to see him again on February 26.  If I am able to have the blood work done, and my levels have not gone down some more, or they have gone up, then I will have to have a kidney biopsy to see what type of damage has been done to my kidneys.  I have not been drinking a lot of water lately, because of being so tired, that I get a polar pop in the morning, to give me a kick of caffeine.  I have had no energy in the past week.  I have only gained 4 pounds in the last 5 weeks.  That is pretty good, for being on steroids.  The side effects are not fun.

     My next appointment was with the dentist at 1 pm.  I was supposed to have molds made of my teeth so that I could have a night guard made.  I've been clutching and grinding my teeth at night.  My face has become very swollen in the past two weeks.  The lady who was going to do the molds, could barely get the top one into my mouth, but she did.  She put a bit of the plaster mixture on the top of my mouth, and I had a major gagging fit and started to throw it up.  We could not get the molds made today.  I will have to wait until the spring, when I am off of steroids and the swelling in my face has gone down.

     My last appointment was for 2 pm at the dermatologist.  I actually saw the physician's assistant.  I wanted to know if the rash that was on my legs was exczema  that had spread from where I get it around my mouth down to my legs.  The exzcema has spread.  I was given a prescription for topical steroids to put on my legs twice a day for two weeks.  Giant Eagle pharmacy did not have it in, so I have to go back tomorrow to get it.  I was taking to the PA about the weakness in my legs I have been experiencing over the past three weeks.  She told me to call my personal doctor.  I will be seeing her on Monday, December 2 at 8:40 am.  It can be very difficult to walk, go up a few steps, and even get into and out of my car, because I have no energy in my legs.

   I fell yesterday morning in my classroom, I was walking behind two of my students and just went down.  They were seated at the table, I had just started going around, stapling a 1/4 sheet of paper into their planners, when I fell.  I have a bruise on the left side of my left leg.  I think I bruised my right leg, because it hurts, and there isn't really a bruise that has popped out on my leg.  My right leg does hurt.  

No comments: