Thursday, September 21, 2006

Firey Furnance

My Wednesday night Biblestudy is the Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel. Last night's session and this week's homework is on the third chapter. Beth Moore states three scenarios for when we go through our own firey furnance. Choice A: God delivers us from it. Our faith is built, because we pray and ask people to pray with us, and God answers yes. Choice B: God delievers us through it. We walks along side of us. We pray and God basically answers wait. Our faith is refined. We pray and pray, and it is hard to understand why we are going through this. At the end there is a miracle, and when we look back, we see small miracles that happened along the way. Choice C: We can be delivered by the fire straight into his arms. Our faith is perfected. (Dying and going up to Heaven).

We will never escape trials entirely. We will always be given some type of trail at different times during our life. The question is, what is our heart attitude and where is our faith being placed. God's plans are not to harm us, but the exact opposite of that. God allows us to go through the firey furnance, os that our bonds will be burned off/away, to be freed from that bondage of sin. What is it that God is working on in my heart? I do not know. All I do know is that through this firey furnance I am walking through, He will be glorified!

How is my faith in all of this? I know God has a job out there for me. In his time, he will reveal it to me, and open that door. I do hope it is here in Dallas, TX. I have asked him to work on my heart attitude to be accepting of his answer when he gives it to me. Is there something I need to learn from this whole experience? I do not know. I do not know why God is allowing me to endure months without a job. It is fustrating at times, and discouraging at times. I just need to keep my eyes on him, the perfecter and author of my faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2) According to Hebrews 11:1, faith is the substance of things not seen. I have faith in the Lord, that he will lead me to the new job that is right for me. One where I will be the salt and light for him in the workplace. Until it happens, I just need to wait upon him, and have faith, that what he is doing is for my own good. God will answer my prayer in his time, not in my time, but in his time. Praise God for that!

No comments: