Tuesday, September 26, 2006

God Answers Prayers

No job, yet! The title might make one think I have a job, but sorry, no. We all have things we have been praying about to God. We can get any of the three answers he gives, "Yes", "No", or "Wait". Some answers come immediately as a "Yes" or "No". Otherwise, they are all "Wait", or acutally it seems like he isn't answering at all. Like, God is having me to wait for the job that I need.

I have requests that I have been praying about off and on for years, and I mean years. Just in the past week, I received an answer of "Yes" and "Wait". My cousin is open and willing to have the Lord work in her heart, and she has started attending church again. Those are both yes. The wait, is that God is still working in her heart on other issues. I am very happy to get this news. This is something I have been praying about off and on for over twenty years.

The Lord has been working in my heart this past year. I know, because I have become more open to certain things, and willing to look at things in a different way. That is an aswer to some people's prayers.

We are told to pray, which builds our faith and trust in God. but waiting for his answers can be very hart, but so is being opened to the answer that is not what we are expecting to receive. I was not expecting to still be not be working come the end of September. I was expecting to be teaching somewhere in the DFW area, but I am not. It has been hard to accept the Lord's plan and answer to my request. Truthfully, I do not miss all of the aspect of teaching as I thought I would. I do not miss the bad behavior, but I do miss the ineraction with my students, the actual teaching part, and seeing the growth in my students' lives.

Father,
I thank you and praise you for what you are doing in my life and in the lives of all of my family and friends. You are awesome! You know so much better than we do. We do not know as much as we think we do. In your time, I know you will reveal the plans for my life and for the lives of all I know, plans to prosper us, not to harm us, plans to glorify you. Thank you for walking beside me during this rough time in my life. Thank you for the people who are praying for me. Please bless them in what they are doing for you. I love you father.
AMEN

No comments: