Saturday, September 09, 2006

Job hunting help

I have been looking for a job for six months, and unemployed for a little over 3 months. I've been doing some thinking, over the past ten years of different times looking for a job, I've had a hard time doing so. I'm finally going to get some help! I've become a client of Chandler Hill Partners. Check out their website at www.chandlerhill.com.

They will be working with me on my interviewing skills, helping me to market myself better, showing me areas that I should think about applying to, etc. Plus, they have contacts that I do not have. I will be given homework assignments that I will have to do. The more I put into it, the more I will get from this. I need help, plus I am not afraid to work. I am so ready to go back to work! I have been bored!!!!!!!!!

The best thing, is that after I get hired, they will still stay in touch, and help me to maybe get a raise come review time, see what I can do for getting a promotion, etc. Plus, it gives them another contact. If I hear of openings, I could let them know, and they can always send people my way to that company.

My first homework assignment is finished. I have my first meeting with my campaign manager Monday afternoon. I hope there is only a couple of more months being unemployed.

If I do not teach again for awhile, I am okay about that. I love teaching! I want to be able to use my teaching skills somehow.

I have a phone interview with Clark County School District on the 22nd. That interview will determine if I get put into the selection process for a job. By the way, Clark County is the county of the residence of Las Vegas. One of the top five school districts in the U.S.

No comments: