Friday, March 16, 2007

First Job Fair of the Year

Today was the first Teacher Job Fair of the year. It was held at Akron U. I just got registered this week. People were able to sign up for interviews in advance and because of that, some districts had no openings today for interviews. There were 57 districts from 11 states.

There was a meet and greet from 9-9:45, where you talk to as many school districts as possible and try to get as many interviews as possible for the rest of the day. I was able to get three for before lunch and two for after lunch. After my fourth interview, I had an hour and half before my last one was scheduled. I sat/stood close to the person who was giving announcements during the day, and was able to get three more interviews. I ended up with a total of eight interviews for the day. I had four with in state districts and four from out of state districts. Two of my out of state districts I had already applied with. One in the fall and one last week.

One of the in state schools was a Catholic school from my hometown, and the principal seemed to like me.

My next teacher job fair is next month in MI, at the school I got my Bachelor's from. Will see what happens from today.

No comments: