Monday, March 12, 2007

Job hunting in OH

My troubles haven't changed since I moved back home to OH. I still do not have a job. I changed my info on careerbuilder and monster. I look in the want ads of the paper, and so does my dad. I have gotten a few emails/cals from my resume being on careerbuilder and monster. I am checking into an agency in Canada that finds teachers to teach English in the different Asian countries.

I keep telling my parents that I can not teach here in OH, without my OH teaching certificate. I mailed in my application the week of February 5. I haven't received it yet. I have two applications for subbing, one coming in the mail, and I will pick up one next week, when I head back into downtown. I have to have a tb test, cost of $10. I have to be fingerprinted and have a background check done both by FBI and the state. The first one costs $40 and the second one around $15. Where is that money going to come from? I am hoping that what one district does will be accepted by the others.

I am registered for a teacher career fair next month up at EMU. I am trying to find out if I can go to Akron U's later this month. I have filled out so far, two applications for school districts in AZ. I am going to try to apply to as many school districts that will be at the fair up at EMU before hand. Each one takes time, and it gets boring sitting at the computer for hours.

Still can't understand why I couldn't find a job in TX. There are jobs in TX, so why couldn't I find one. Not completely sure what all I was doing wrong. It is harder yet to find one up here in OH. People leave OH for jobs. The Lord has something, I just wish his timetable in one coming about would happen soon. I am tired of not being without a job.

I can't sub without my OH teaching certificate, except for maybe in Akron Public Schools. My mom said something about taking inventory. I applied with the Dallas office, and they wouldn't call me or anything. I know people in the Akron office, so I know I will be put on the schedule. It has been 4 1/2 years since I took inventory of stores. They do have a new machine to use. Last week, I signed up with a temp agency here in town. It is actually the one, my sister used.

No comments: