Thursday, March 22, 2007

Subbing in OH

Yesterday, was Wednesday (some of you are thinking, and so...), after BSF, I dropped off three subbing applications at three different school districts. Norton, won't start till a month from now, because I have to wait until the next Board's monthly meeting to vote and agree for me to be a sub. Copley-Fairlawn and Akron. (For those of you who live in North TX, Akron is an equivelant to DISD.) The latter two, I will be able to start subbing with them next week. Akron, on Monday. Copley, after Monday night's Board meeting. Both of them I will be paid between $80-95 a day.

Copley only has 2-3 elementary schools, and they are close to where I live. Akron is different, but they are also going through a building phase. Let me share with you about this building phase. First, certain schools have been set for closure, for good, if they haven't yet closed. A number of schools are either being renovated or getting brand new buildings. While this is being done, either, they are staying put in their school building, or they are being shuttled off to some other school or building somewhere else in town.

I do not know how for sure when Copley will start calling me to sub. Akron has a phone system, and since it is not possible to have a phone in my bedroom, I have to teach my dad how to use the subfinder system so that he can accept jobs for me early in the morning. The system starts calling at 5:30 am. A good deal of the time, he is already up, so it won't be hard for him to answer the phone and write down the info I need. I am going to make sure my dad knows to only accept jobs between second and sixth grades.

No comments: