Monday, October 29, 2007

Blood Work

I had a good weekend, with very little side effects. Stomach did bother me, nurse today, told me to go ahead and take an anti-nauseous medicine, that way it can work, before I let it go too far and I do get sick to my stomach.

Got my blood work back and there is only two things they really look at, when deciding the amount of interferon I can receive. That is my white blood count, which is at 1.9. Back in July it was at 6.1. It is low. They also look at my Seg Neutrophil. It is at 22, and back in July it was 20.5. I guess that one is also low, but I am still receiving 49 million units of Interferon everyday this week.

Mom has to buy a thermometer tomorrow, because she has to take my temperature 2-3 times a day. If my temp hits 100.5 or greater, then we have to call the doctor.

I have had a headache today, but not bad as last week. I still took a pain pill this afternoon. I got an hour nap this afternoon. Last night, I had lights out before 11 pm, and didn't' want to get up when my alarm went off at 7 am.

God allowed me to see two people I haven't seen in years this week. Yesterday, at church, I was able to see a childhood friend. Last time we saw each other was 7 years ago. It was really nice to see him again. Today, I saw somebody from high school, who I recognized, but couldn't remember his name. He remembered my name. In an email to a friend, I said, I wonder who else God will allow me to see this week, I haven't seen in a long time.

No comments: