Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Discouragement

Come the end of next month, it will be two years, since I have worked full-time. I am ready for my own classroom. Subbing is good and it keeps me up in the classroom. But it just isn't the same. I've told the Lord, I would like one year, where the behavior is pretty good, and the kids care about their education. I get tired of being around students who don't care about either their education or their behavior.

Last week and this week is testing here in OH. Wasn't expecting to work much this week. I worked the last two days, middle school and high school. Was called this morning by a different district to a school I do not like (bad behavior, and the kids dont' care too much) and for a teacher I have been before. I turned it down, the only call I recieved. I kinda regret turning it down. Part of that regret is the lecture I will recieve later today. I have the right to be choosey as a substitute teacher. I know I need to not be that choosey, but I am. What am I supposed to do about the bad behavior and the not caring about learning. With it being a testing day, things can be worse. So, I am down a bit.

Monday, got my blood work back. Liver counts are normal, first time since last fall. White blood count is up to 3.1. A few counts are still low, but overall it was good. I had my weekly fever yesterday. I wake up with one at least once a week on a Tuesday or Thursday, the day after my injection. I've been getting headaches, hard to tell if they are sinus headaches or interferon induced headaches. I've taken a pain pill both of the last two nights. Monday, I was cold. Turned the heat on and had to sit underneath a blanket all afternoon and evening. I had a hard time getting warm.

No comments: