Thursday, April 24, 2008

NC Interviews

(Here is the welcome sign to NC)
We left Friday, April 18, and got down to Charlotte, a little before 6 pm. We stopped about every 2-3 hours. The scenery was beautiful. There were trees/shrubs with these pretty purple flowers. To me, the trees had very skinny trunks. After supper, we soaked in the hot tub.

Saturday, at the convention center, was the Charlotte-Mecklenburgh job fair. I dropped off about 20 resume packets. I did not talk to all 20 schools. Some had long lines. Standing there for a period of time, bothered my hip and my leg some. A lot gave job offers, some openings, they only took resumes. Will see...I do have a letter of intent. Supposedly, if I don't have an assignment by July, I will get one. God has something for me.

I made phone calls on Thursday, Friday, and again on Monday. I received two more interviews on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. Sunday, we drove to the beach, Monday, drove up to Wilson, NC. Tuesday, we were in Wilson for the morning, and over to Lexington for the afternoon. We stayed in Thomasville for the night. Wednesday, drove over to Troy. When I was done in Troy, headed for home.

Nothing in the other three. Lexington, my name is in the pile to be considered for an opening in the fall. I am a little too early for most of these places, because last week, they gave out contracts. They are due this or next week. The majority of the school districts will not know about openings until next month sometime. Hopefully, I will get more interviews throughout the summer.

No comments: