Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last Night's Fun

Yesterday, was my first injection of Interferon in a week. The last one I received was April 18. I knew that my side effects would be worse after skipping a couple of days. Last night, they were as bad as last fall, when I was on the high dose. They started before I even got my injection.

I subbed in a first grade classroom yesterday. My first all day job since April 14. Before noon, I had a headache. I couldn't take anything, because of getting Tylenol some time after 3 pm. School got out at 2:30 pm, and I was tired then. I drove to the hospital, had my blood drawn for my weekly labs. Got my injection and came home. By the time I got home, my fatigue level was up to a 9/10. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open while driving. I was that tired. I took a nap after coming home. My naps aren't long, usually about 30 minutes, and at times an hour in length.

I was tired during the evening. Got off the computer about 8:30 pm. I had a headache. Decided to take Sudafed, because I wasn't sure which container held the pain pills. I had the chills and was warm. My teeth was chattering. Got a shower, and watched the Indians game. Went to bed about 10 pm. The second time, I woke up, my head was hurting like crazy. Went downstairs to take a couple of pain pills, get some water. I took my temp, and it was at 100.7 degrees. Changed into my summer pajamas, after heading back upstairs. All of my windows were open and my fan was on. Slept great for the next 3 1/2 hrs. Slept off and on after that, and got up a little after 7 am.

I came downstairs a little after 9:30 this morning, and took the last pain pill. The pain pills are the only thing that works on my interferon induced headaches. I called my onc office this morning, and spoke to the onc on duty. She called in a prescription for pain pills for me. My mom picked them up for me this afternoon. I've been tired and feel out of it today.

I'm glad I this is happening over the weekend, so that hopefully, I won't have to make myself unavailable and can work all week. Will see how long it takes me to get back into the groove of the injections. I will miss an injection in June, when I got to TX for a few days.

No comments: