Thursday, April 24, 2008

Trouble on the Turnpike

Last week, I went up to MI for a job fair. I left EMU around 4:30 April 16. I stopped for supper, then continued on my way home. (Right after, I moved back to OH last year, my gas gauge broke.) When my gas tank gets low, the needle on my gas gauge moves back over to Full, then the yellow light goes on. I knew I was low. I saw the needle move back to Full, but didn't pay attention to when the yellow light went on. Once that light goes on, I have about 50 miles before I run out of gas. Guess what I did that Wednesday night? I ran out of gas. I was about 60 miles from home, around 7:15 pm. As I was moving over to the shoulder, I noticed my battery light was on.

My dad called a business associate that lived up where I was, and she came to me with a gallon of gas. I went to start my car, and it wouldn't start. My battery was dead. She called AAA, and waited with me, until a tow truck arrived. He took me off the turnpike, and waited with me for another one, who took me home. I got home around midnight. I was very tired, and not able to drive anymore that night. I had to still get my injection.

Mom took me into town, and I got my injection around 12:45 am (Thursday). I am not supposed to get it two days in a row, but basically did. I got it again after 7:30 am on Friday.

No comments: