Monday, June 02, 2008

Catch-22

In yesterday's post, I talked about my right leg swelling up and my knee hurting. The swelling is due to the heat and rise in temperature. I called my surgeon this morning, to see what can I do besides wearing my stocking and keeping my leg elevated. Basically nothing, besides making sure I am drinking enough fluids.

I am supposed to keep it elevated. I can do that when I am at home, but I am not at home all day every day. I worked today, can't really sit with my leg elevated. I need to be going for walks for excercise in helping me to loose weight. I might work this summer. See how I am in a catch-22? Plus, I am going to TX for a few days at the end of the month. I am not looking forward to see how the TX heat plays havoc with the lymphodema. I am looking forward to my trip to TX.

My white blood count is up from 2.0 to 2.2. Even though it is low, it is still in the normal range. Will see what happens this summer.

No comments: