Thursday, January 22, 2009

Curriculum Week 2

Last night, we listened to, looked at, and discussed the following book, Nokum is My Teacher The story is a conversation between a Cree grandson and his Grandmother. He is going to a white man's school and asking his grandmother why he as to go. He even thanks her for what and how she has taught him over the past few years. The grandson is a young boy. Then we had to discuss and answer four different questions on community, conceptional and operational curriculum, pedagogy, and the boy's (narrator) teacher's moral responsibility of teaching him. (I have ordered the book and it hasn't arrive yet.) I wrote my paper, but will look over it and my answers this week, then send it to my professor. The paper is due by noon on Sunday. For next week I have to read a 50 page book, and an article that is on a cd burned with articles we have to read during the semester. Here is the ironic thing about this cd, it was burned on a MAC, but my MAC can't read the cd.

Tonight's class, we, again this week, sat in a circle. We discussed the website we were supposed to read on Revised Bloom's Taxonomy. Bloom's was changed from nouns to verbs. We discussed it, then we discussed a different topic before having to use the six levels of Blooms, and using them in writing a question on any subject area concept that we might use in our classroom. I haven't thought about Bloom's taxonomy (higher order thinking type questions) in three years. I have had a bit of a problem with H.O.T.S in the past. This was a bit difficult for me tonight, but I did to it. I did it with the three states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas). My professor likes our class, but we are afraid to get into a good discussion on whatever it is that we are talking about. Pus our backgrounds an experiences we bring, helps to make it more interesting.

No comments: