Monday, March 07, 2011

Today's PET Scan

Between 8 am and 1 pm, I drank about 7/8 of a gallon of water. I took a gallon water, from home, to school this morning. I left school about 12:30 pm. I get to the cancer center, and I tell the guy I want my port used, he wasn't expecting that. He said they would only use the port if they can't access a vein. I said I want my port used. I do not have good veins, not easy to access. I go upstairs to Infusion Services and they are very busy, so I am taken next door and a nurse from my oncologist office accesses my port. I go back downstairs and I am taken out to the trailer. My blood sugar is checked and it is 69. They had to make sure that was good.

I am given the drug via my port, then go back inside to sit and wait. Somebody gets me about 2:30 pm. The scan was from my head to my toes, a full body scan. My waist on down was done first, that took about 20 minutes. My feet had to be kept together. After that was done, another restroom break. (I went to the restroom a lot between 1 and 4 pm.) Then my head to my waist was scanned. My head was done first. I was done about 3:40 pm. I went to Curves before heading for home.

No comments: