Thursday, March 03, 2011

GYN Oncologist visit

I saw the GYN Oncologist this afternoon. He asked some questions. My polyp is on my cervix. He tried to take it out, but couldn't. The doctor did say that sometimes the polyp could be completely attached and difficult to removed in the office. Or if it looks like there would be a lot of bleeding (these are the two reasons for...) then a short surgical procedure will be done to remove the polyp. As I said, the doctor couldn't removed it this afternoon. I will have it done in the operating room on Friday, April 1. The procedure is scheduled for noon, and I have to be there by ten am. This will be an out-patient procedure, and I will go home later in the afternoon. I will not be allowed to drive for 24 hours.

Depending on how I feel, will determine if I go to church on Sunday and school on Monday. I was told that I could have a heavy feeling in my lower pelvic area for a few days.

Until I am told otherwise, I will be hanging onto the thin rope of hope that I am still in remission.

No comments: