Wednesday, April 04, 2012

NSTA-Indy



March 28-April 1 were the dates for this year's NSTA's national conference.  The conference was in Indianapolis, IN.  I heard Bill Nye speak.  At the beginning of his lecture, he asked, how many classrooms was he teaching that day?  Probably more than  half of the hands of people in the room went up in the air.  He is hilarious.  After his lecture, he stayed around for people to have their picture taken with him.  I had my pic taken with him.

I visited the exhibit hall, and talked to a lot of people from small companies, to textbook companies, to museums.  I bought stuff, got things for free.  I went to about 10-12 workshops over three days.  Most of them were very good.  I got a lot of info.  I spent Friday afternoon, at the Indianapolis zoo.  I took a lot of pics at the zoo, and saw a dolphin show.

Saturday evening, I spent time with my seventh grade teacher.  I hadn't seen her since August 1994, a couple of weeks before I started my student teaching.  It was good to see her.

No comments: