Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 12's Surgery Update

I am very sore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Basically from my throat ( at times), but from my breast bone down to my butt muslces hurt.  It hurts to cough. 

  I started at Endoscopy, not out-patient surgery yesterday.  I got there a little before 11:30 and was taken back a little before noon.  My port was accessed twice and got no blood return.  A second lady came over and accessed me again, with still no blood return, but it did flush, so it was good to go for the IV.  They have been told, when using a port, you do not need blood return, in order to start an IV, but did does need to flush.

I was taken to surgery a little before 1:30, right after Dad showed up.  Both nurses had to see my hole, while in the elevator.  It doesn't bother me to show off the hole.  My lung doctor started first, and did the broncoscopy and did the needle biopsy of the lymph nodes.  That came back negative for cancer.  He went down into my lungs, but could not get to do a biopsy of the nodule.  It was very small, hard to reach.  H was using some type of xray to guide him.  Then my surgeon took over and took out a few lymph nodes, and they came back negative.  But due to my history and to play it safe, he continued and took  more out.  I was in surgery for 3  hours.  I was moved to in patient recovery room because of the type of surgery I had, instead of out patient recovery room.

I had a hard time waking up.  I just wanted to sleep.  I had that issue before, I think a couple of years ago, and maybe even in 2007.  The nurses made me get out of bed around 8 to walk and we left before 8:30 pm.  Dad picked us up from out patient doors, and as soon as he turned onto Goodkirk off of Forge St, he had to pull over, so I could throw up.  I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours, and just had a bit of water on my stomach.

When I got home, I went to my dad's chair, and that is where I slept last night.  Where the incision is, it feels heavy and tight.  I am still pretty tired today.  I am taking tomorrow off to rest some more.

I see my oncologist on Monday morning and will see the surgeon on the 22nd.  I will be late to school on Monday and will be taking the 22nd off from school.

On the 25th, I will be 5 1/2 years NED.  I am praying that I still am NED.

No comments: