Friday, March 01, 2013

Active Sarcoid or Melanoma

  I saw the surgeon and my oncologist this morning and  this afternoon.  I like the surgeon.  He showed me pictures of the scans of my lungs and had copies made for me.  He showed me where the nodules were and where the lymph nodes are that have swelled up.  The lymph nodes are around my windpipe.  The nodules are either Melanoma or scar tissue (Granulomars) which is Sarcoid.  Sarcoid causes the nodules, lymph nodes to swell, and the spleen to get bigger.  Sarcoid is treatable.  I was told back in the summer of 2007, that I had Sarcoid.  One syptom is a cough, which I have basically had off and on since I was a kid.  I had blood drawn this afternoon via a vein,  so it could be tested for Sarcoid.  This test is not the best test, but it is used.  I have not had the bronchial scope done, even though  my lung doctor has talked about it before.  He is going to be brought up to speed by both the surgeon and my oncologist.

I am waiting to hear back from the surgeon's office, but as of now,  I will be having surgery next Friday, March 8.  It is a short, out patient procedure.  A small slit is made just above my breast bone, and a camera is sent down, and he will remove some lymph nodes and they will be tested.  As of now, I am scheduled to see my oncologist on Monday, March 18 at 8:30 am.  The sooner this is done the better for me.

  I now just have to tell my parents tomorrow night after I pick them up from the airport.

No comments: