Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

I linked up with another blog to answer these Christmas questions.

1. Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
   Actually neither, but will drink hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap your presents, or do they just sit underneath the tree?
        My parents wrap the presents for us kids.  I wrap the ones I give out.

3.  Colored lights or white?
     Definitely colored?  I like the blinking lights the best, but we do not have those up this year.  

4. When do you decorate?
         Usually, the tree comes up stairs from the basement on Thanksgiving, but the tree goes up that weekend.  My mom puts up the tree, and I help decorate the tree.  On a nice day sometime in November, she will go out and put the lights up on the lamp posts along the driveway.  The stockings go up, and lights and garland go up the stairs and along the banister.  This year this did not happen.  Mom has been sick, and I haven't been well most of the fall either.

5.  Real or Fake tree?
       We have a fake tree.  This year, my sister brought over hers and put it up.  Mom wasn't up to bringing up or 9 foot tree.  My sister's is much small, besides she had been thinking of buying a new tree this year.

6. What tops your tree?  
      We have an angel on the top of our tree.

7.  Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
       We get a brand new ornament every year.  My mom started this when we three were kids.  All three were in the same theme, but as we got older and became involved in things, our ornament might have something to do with what we were involved in.  I have quite a few teacher ornaments, because I am a teacher.  I have some different Pittsburgh Steeler ornaments.  When we go on vacation, we might try to find a Christmas ornament from that place, but not always.  This year, I bought the ornaments, and forgot to buy a new one for myself.  My niece is part of the tradition.  The last few years, we have been buying our ornaments from the same person.  We like her stuff.

8.  Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
    When I was in the second grade, I got a watch for Christmas.  I think like every five minutes, I would go around telling people the time. 

9.  Do you prefer giving or receiving?
    I think all like receiving, but I do love giving gifts to others.  I enjoy looking for something different for my family and friends.  I am bad, at buying, and then telling my friends, that I have their gift, but I do not tell them and make them wait, until they get it.

10.  What is your favorite Christmas song?
      It is actually a hymn, "Angels We Have Heard on High"  That is because I love the chorus.

11.  Candy Canes, Yuck or Yum?
      Yum.  I buy them for my students, and try to get the different flavors for them.  I do like the peppermint ones, the best.

12.  Favorite Christmas Movie?
        I do not have one.

13.  Do you shop online or in stores?
         Both, but mostly in the stores or at  craft shows.

14.  Photo cards, letters, or store bought cards?
     My family did  a photo card, two years ago, when we had our family pic taken for the last time ever.  I do like getting a photo card from my friends.  I usually send out store bought cards, and for a few people will add a letter to it.  I do like getting the letter.

2 comments:

followerofgod said...

I like eggnog but I can't have a lot of it because it has a lot of calories. I try to wrap presents, but it looks like they came from Santa's workshop through the less skilled worker's hands!

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for linking up! Michelle