Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Morning

Early Sunday morning, God gave me a thought to call my doctor to see about having my insulin and blood sugar levels checked.  Yesterday morning, I called my doctor and left her a message to see if this could be done.  She agreed.  I spent some time yesterday on the phone between my doctor's office, and calling to see about making an appointment someplace to get blood drawn to have these two checked.  This was 12 hour fasting blood work.  Where I normally go, couldn't get me in until 2 pm, and I did not want to go all day without eating.  They told me that private outpatient at the hospital could do.  I called and had an appointment made for 7 am this morning.  I got hold of my doctor's office and they faxed over the order.

  I had to be at the hospital before 7 am to register.  I get there, registration did not have the order, private outpatient did.  The lady at registration called over them like 5 time, trying to get the order, or at least the diagnosis codes from the order, so she could in put those codes into the computer.  Someone finally came over with the order, for her to input the codes.  I walked over to private outpatient, and found out that the order from the doctor was written wrong.  But as a favor to me they went ahead and drew my blood.  I finally received some ice, to ice my port around 7:30 am.  I finally left the hospital about 7:45 am, and still needed to get some breakfast, so I went across the street to McDonald's and went inside to get something to eat in the car.  Their OJ machine wasn't working, so I got a Dr. Pepper to drink.  I finally got to school and signed in at 8:20 am.  My homeroom was already in the room, but I had called ahead, so they knew I was on my way to school.

  So today was a type of day where I was making mistakes and laughing at myself.

No comments: