Monday, December 02, 2013

I Saw my PCP Today

 I saw my personal doctor first this morning at 8:40 am.  I was there over an hour.  I went in to see her because of having no energy and no energy in my leg muscles.  As I have posted before, I started steroids on Wednesday, October 23, with three a day.  By that Friday, I noticed how much energy I had.  That energy lasted about two weeks.

  The week of November 4, I started to notice how difficult it was to go up the two short flight of stairs at school, and the stairs at home at night to go to bed.  That Thursday night, is when I first noticed the rash on my legs, and had thought that I was having an allergic reaction. Of which I wasn't.

  The next week, it wasn't too bad.  The week of the 18th, rash was bad, the energy was horrible, half a sleep when I wen to school, polar pop every day, half a sleep, when I left school.  That Thursday, my right leg was hurting by the top part of my hole, and it was hard.  I went to the ER Friday night, and left with a prescription for pain pills.  That was 22nd, and we found out that mom had mono.

  By Thanksgiving, I was wondering if I had caught mono from mom.  So I called on Wednesday or Tuesday to see my doctor today.  My face is already very swollen from the steroids (I now take only two a day).  Areas around my neck are swollen, either due to the steroids or my lymph nodes are swollen.  I asked to be tested for mono. 

  The nurse was able to get blood from my left hand, it flowed slowly, but she was able to get enough for the different tests they wanted to run.  The did the quick mono blood test, which came back negative for mono.  But the rest was sent out to the lab and will be tested for mono. 

  Having sarcoid, and being on steroids, makes it difficult to know what is going on with my body.  I am still dehydrated, and do not drink enough water.  I drink pop for the caffeine kick I need to have energy to do things. 

  Between Thanksgiving through yesterday, I took naps on three of the four days.  Friday's nap was 2 1/2 hours long.  I usually only nap when I am sick.  I've been resting, but still need more.  I would like to know what is going on with my body.  I would like to feel better soon.

No comments: