Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Breathing Mask

I found out a couple of weeks ago, that with my insurance, I can get a new mask for my breathing machine (for sleep apnea) every three months.  In the past month, I started having problems with my mask, because of the swelling of my face.  I last got a new mask, back in February.  I  like the mask, but it wasn't staying on properly, and the straps kept moving up towards my ears.  The week before Christmas, I stopped using the mask.  Last Monday, the 23rd,  I had an appointment over at Cornerstone to get a new mask.  I needed a bigger mask.  My new mask is similar to my old mask, but still different.  
   I slept pretty good this past week.  The first three nights, I was feeling good in the morning, with a good amount of energy.  I still took naps (on vacation).  But by Thursday/Friday, I started noticing that my energy level wasn't up as high as it had been. Dad made a comment Thursday or Friday night, about how the swelling was getting worse in my face.  I noticed Friday (I think) night, where the straps on the side was moving up towards my ears, having to readjust the mask when I woke up at night.
   Between my slightly high blood sugar levels, and not getting enough air due to the mask not fitting properly at night, my energy level hasn't been very good.  It is better than it was before Christmas vacation, but slightly lower than the beginning of last week.
   It is going to be interesting on New Year's Eve, since I get really tired in the evenings and become half asleep.  I am hanging out with my friends.  I am planning on taking my own pop, since last year they only served Coke products, and I am a Pepsi person.  Pepsi does help, but I hope I can last til midnight.

No comments: