Friday, January 05, 2007

First interviews of the year

I started off the new year with two, count it, two interviews. The first one was on Tuesday, back home in Akron, OH. I interviewed for a junior high science teacher position at a charter school. It is a type of school that has students who do not fit in very well in the regular public schools. I have to get my Ohio teaching certificate again. I have found out how. I have to get a copy of my teaching certificate from UTA and send it in, along with my application and a check for $60 to Columbus, OH, and about 4 weeks later, I will have my teaching certificate again. I also have to get copies of two other things for who I interviewed with. By doing all of this, I will be kept in mind for next school year. At some point, I did want to get my OH teaching certificate again.

My second interview was yesterday, here in the Dallas area. I interviewed for a recruiter position for this college. This school has campuses in 21 different states. It was like a pre-interview, to decide if I will be chosen for the next level of interviews. The position I interviewed for would to talk to high school students who might be interested in going to this school. You are building a relationship with these students, and are with them in every step of the way in applying, getting accepted, to their first day of classes at the school.

I have thought about wanting to become a recruiter for a school district or a school, and going to job fairs. Even if I end up taking a break from teaching, I would like to somehow stay in the education field in some way. I need to start looking on monster.com again.

No comments: