Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I subbed yesterday, first grade (oh my, oh my). After I got home, and had just settle down to watch some tv/vcr. The phone rang, about a possible job opporunity as a nanny. I was told two children, 10 month old and a 9 year old. Full-time as a live-in or part-time in the evevnings. I called her last night after getting on the computer, because I said to email me the info. We talked on the phone, and said that I would meet with her if I didn't have to sub today. I did not get called to sub. She called me around 9 am, and said not to meet today, but to go to her house tomorrow morning instead. I have now made myself unavailable for Then she called later this morning, and asked me to come and see her at work after all.

We talked for an hour an half this afternoon. I found out that there are actually 3 kids. The middle child is a boy, age 5 and is in daycare all day long. She asked me a bunch of questions and I asked her some questions. The hours are basically 7 am to 8-8:30 at night. While the 10 month old is taking her second nap, I would be working with the 9 year old withe her homework, and then tutor her, working on more math problems, spelling words, reading outloud, and a TAKS reading passage. That will last til about 5 pm or a little later. Help with dinner and baths. Two nights a week, I go to Biblestudy and really do not want to give that up, and I wouldn't have to. She is off for 8 weeks in the summer, which means OH for me.

Part-time just in the evenings. I need to work during the day. Another alternative was given, I could move-in, change my subbing area to the North East area of Richardson ISD, apply to sub in Plano ISD. As soon as I am time, pick up the baby from daycare, and the 9 year old from school-after school care, come home, and work with the older child with school work, and help in the evenings til 8-8:30 pm. That way, don't know for sure about going to my two Biblestudies.

I got home this afternoon to find out that I might have a possible tutoring job with SLC, over in far east Irving, close to Dallas, between 20-22 miles one way, three times a week.

What do I do. Is this from the Lord. Should I go for it. If I do, should I still look for a teaching position. What is the Lord leading me to do? I do not know what to do.

Do I want to spend all day with a 10 month old? I haven't watched a baby since I was in high school, 20 years ago. I have to make my decision by the end of the week.

No comments: