Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day

Today is a Snow Day, or down south is called a bad weather/inclement weather day. As I know of, only two districts stayed open today. That means the makority of the schools will be in session on Good Friday come April.

We have been receiving some type of precipitation since Friday. The rain became ice Sunday/Monday. Woke up to snow this morning. There isn't much snow, but the tempeatures are just below freezing, and there is some ice.

The bad part about being a sub, and having snow days, is that we subs, are not on some phone list to tell us. We have to find out by listening to the radio or watching tv. I was supposed to sub today. I still went out, because I didn't hear anything on the radio or see anything on the tv this morning. I go out, and the parking lots of the school I passes, and the one I was supposed to be at were empty. I turned around and came home. Couldn't go back to bed, was already up and awake.

For not getting any snow over Christmas break, it was nice to see some snow today.

No comments: