Thursday, April 23, 2009

EMU Job Fair

Tuesday afternoon I drove up to MI. I spent the evening with my best friend and her boys. We haven't seen each other in year. Yesterday, was the teacher job fair at Eastern Michigan University. This is the largest job fair in the state of MI. The number of school districts were down, due mainly to the recession and districts cutting back on expenses. There were schools there from Alaska and Hawaii. I talked to schools from Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. There is a charter school I am interested in working at, here in OH. Turns out, my best friend's boys goes to one of these schools, and they have high praise for these schools. I mentioned it and so we will see. I have applications to fill out, emails to send, and doing some online research about a variety of schools. Will see what happens from this. I did have a couple of screening interviews. I have now added Kansas to my states of interest in thinking of moving to depending on getting a job. They are OH, NC, SC, and KS.

No comments: