Friday, April 03, 2009

NOTED and Curriculum

Yesterday, April 2, was NOTED (North East Ohio Teacher Education Day), in downtown Akron, hosted by 10-12 different local universities. We had between 2-2 1/2 hours of meet and greet time. That was good, but with over 500 attendees, and over 80 school districts, that makes for long lines. By 10:30 am, I had one interview scheduled for the afternoon. I couldn't get any more interviews, either they were full, only doing so many, or not doing any interviews at all that day. I was disappointed. I gave out over 20 resume packets. I wanted more interviews. Even though I was, and am still, disappointed, I know God knows what He is doing? He has a plan to prosper me, not to harm me (Jeremiah 29:11). I just have to keep my faith in God and wait for his timing. I kept my talks to NC and OH schools. I had a list of schools I was interested in checking out, plus I added a few more once I got there to the site yesterday morning.

My interview didn't go very well, basically we just went over my resume. The interviewer kinda took it part and told me what to do it make it better. She told me to add back a school I was only at for 3 months. I was told to take it off of my resume. By putting it back on, it would not show any holes on my resume. When I fill out applications, I don't even put that school down, I skip it.

I was able to get a couple of other interviews by walking around the room looking for empty chairs and asking if they were free. I think the second interview was a good lead. I was told to call up ODE to find out how I am Highly Qualified in teaching science, and how it get it as an endorsement on my OH teaching certificate. It is on my TX teaching certificate. I sent an email to somebody in ODE last night. I will give them today to respond, then I will start calling them next week to get answers to my questions. The third interview, I thought was weird. I couldn't tell if the person, who was talking, was giving me reasons to move to that area or reasons to stay away. It didn't seem like an interview. Didn't ask me questions at all.

All I can do is give it all over to the Lord and wait to see where He leads me in all of this. I have a few more applications to fill out and figure out to write thank you notes to.

There is a month left in this semester. I am registered to take two classes this summer, and I am going to try to take a third class. There are a couple of classes I am interested in for the fall. I have four projects due between May 6-9. One of them I have to present, as well as turn in a written report and hopefully before it is due, so that it can be graded. This project I am doing it on Staff Development. I am having a hard time narrowing it down. I started my research the other day. I have an idea on how to narrow it down. There is a paper on a curriculum theorist I have to write. I found a couple of books, but he only wrote a small portion of the book. Somebody helped me find some articles on this person. I just have to print them up and study them. A classmate, in another class, let me borrow articles for this person, since I am doing the same one she chose. Next week is spring break, so that gives me time to do some research, read, and work on them. It is all mind boggling!

No comments: