Friday, April 03, 2009

My Summer

I have had some afternoon! I was so hoping to go to Dallas this summer for a few days, now I don't know if it will be possible. I have scheduled to take 2 classes this summer(May 18-July 11 and June 15-July 18), and had applied to take a certain science class for my content hours that is this summer and fall. i got accepted to take the science class. This class is all day August 3-6 and 10-14 plus 3 Saturdays in the fall. So far that is 11 hours. My other science (content classes) I have to get okay from the department, because they are undergraduate classes and I am a graduate student. Because I got aid to help pay for grad school, I am going to see about taking a science class this summer which is June 22-July 25. (I have to find out if that will work with my aid I got). If I can do that, that will be 14 hours this summer. I will have a very busy summer.

Yesterday, at the job fair, someone suggested to me to find out how to get a middle grade science endorsement added to my teaching certificate. I made phone calls down to Columbus, I found out that I am Highly Qualified, and I would need to take a test. I registered to take the Praxis II middle grades science test for June 13 at 7:30 am. It is a two hour test. Middle grades is 4-9. I am already certified K-8, and can teach all subjects up to the 6th grade, here in OH. The science endorsement would be a plus. I have the science endorsement and math one on m y TX teaching certificate.

Plus, with my busy summer, I am planning on attending two weddings, and my 20 year high school reunion. Plus, I get to spend one day a week with my wonderful niece this summer. Is this a busy summer or what?

If I get a job somewhere in OH then I can still come home for the Saturday class, but if I get a job out of OH, then I will be in trouble, either have to come home on Friday, or release my seat. Lord, what are your plans for me this fall? Am I staying in OH or moving out of state? Will I be subbing or teaching full-time some place? Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. I trust you for your best for my life. Thank you for my busy summer that I will be having. The more hours I take now, means the sooner I will be done with my Masters.

No comments: