Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Esther-Waiting-Time

I recommend doing at least one time, a Beth Moore Biblestudy. I am currently doing Esther, the newest one. The video sessions of listening to Beth teach these past two weeks have been very good. Last week, was from Esther 4:11-17 on our greatest fears. I know I have shared them at various times in previous posts. Last night's session, was from Esther 5:1-8. I know God was speaking to me. First, I will share the four points, then I will share my notes that I jotted down in the margins.

Sometimes God forces the issue of time. Amazingly other times He seems to entrust it.
Reflect on the importantance of knowing...
1. When it's time.
2. When it's time to wait.
3. When it's time to wait for someone elses time.
4. When the meantime is God-time.

Sometimes your emotions are not going to precede your actions. Genesis 22:4, Luke 4:1-13, Acts 1:4-5 Our culture is training us in impatience. We are reminded in Ecclesiastes 3:7, "...A time to be silent and a time to speak." Sometimes we need to be silent even when man invites us to speak. Esther wasn't there about a grudge, but for deliverance (the first banquet she hosted for King Xerxes and Haman.) Is it the time or not the time? I can humble myself, or God can humble me. Ezekiel 28:1-19, I Peter 5:5 Never in my wait, is God inactive. Proverbs 16:18 My strength will be depleted when I wait upon the thing/event/person/job. I have seen that happen. A man who lets his ego go, can not get enough honor (Melissa Moore).

Gd is making me wait for my desires for a reason. I need to be thankful for his best. I just need to keep doing what was the last thing He has commanded me to do. His timing is better than my timing. God's best is better than my best.

No comments: