Saturday, April 04, 2009

Joy is Straight Ahead

"The genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ." I Peter 1:7 (NKJV)

Trials have a purpose in our lives. As a smith heats up gold to purify it, God heats up our lives to make spiritual impurities rise to the surface. If we cooperate with Him, sin is skimmed off our lives, purifying our faith. Cleansed lives bring glory to God and joy to us. If a trial lies before you today, envision the joy ahead.

The above comes from Everyday Encouragement by Pamela McQuade. I got this book in September 2007 at a women's retreat. I am in my second time through in reading this book. I read it as part of my devotions. I've been doing a study of Joy as part of my devotions as well, and it as been pretty good. The Beth Moore study on Esther is also really good.

God has been leading me down roads to work on my faith in Him, to work on my joy. I have had periods of doubt, but then I remember Jeremiah 29:11, "I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you." God has plans for my life. At the right time, He will reveal them to me. It is hard to wait for His timing. But His timing is way better than my timing. God knows what is best for me.

No comments: