Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jesus Calling-April 12

Here is today's devotional from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.

       "Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice.   My people have not always understood this truth.  After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely--but only temporarily.  Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the utmost.

       Isn't it often the same way with you?  You trust Me when things go well, when you see Me working on your behalf.  This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will.  When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies.  You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you.  This choice constitutes a fork in the road.  Stay on the path of life with Me, enjoying My Presence.  Choose to trust Me in all circumstances."

                                     Exodus 15:22-25; Psalms 31:14

No comments: