Friday, July 20, 2007

CT Scan

I got up at 5:20 this morning to go downstairs to take the second dose of the "goop". I drank a class of orange juice and a glass of ice water along with that dose. Then I went back to bed for a couple more hours of sleep. My third dose I drank on the way the place. My doctor forgot to sign the order yesterday, so they had to call him, and do some faxing to get it signed.

I went into the room with the machine and had to drink another, but much smaller dose of that "goop". I kept all four doses down. That is a God thing for that to happen. Plus they had to insert an iv to inject more stuff. They tried both arms, and found a vein at the base of my left arm, above the thumb. I drank water yesterday, but not enough. My veins are down deep and are hard to find.

She took pictures from my head down to my pelvic area. At one time, she injected the stuff and took pics. This was called a CT Scan with contrast. I will find out the results next Friday, when I go see Dr. Patel. I am praying that the scan comes back negative. I am praying that the melanoma hasn't spread anywhere else.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm praying for you, Christina.

Unknown said...

Christina,
Just know that you are not alone. We are here for you. We love you.
Katie L.

Isaiah 43:1-5
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; You are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you and when you pass through rivers, they will not sweep over you... for I am the Lord your God... your savior... you are precious and honored in my sight... I LOVE YOU... Do not be afraid, for I am with you...

Anonymous said...

Christina,

I am praying for you. I know you from The Heights. I am Mike's Mom.

I had breast cancer in 2001 and took chemo so I know a little of what you are going through.

The Lord will be with you. Trust in Him. He will walk with you!!!

Sheryl