Monday, July 30, 2007

PET Scan

This afternoon, I had my P.E.T. Scan. I went back around 1 pm. It took the guy two tries to get the IV started. First, he tried my right wrist. That one hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My vein wouldn't cooperate, and he had to take the needle out. Next, he tried my left arm at the elbow, and my vein cooperated. My veins are down deep and they are small. I drank fluids, mostly water, to prepare for the test. After the radioactive glucose was injected, I had to sit quietly for about an hour.

After the hour was up, I was taken to the room for the test. I had to lay flat on my back. It lasted about 2 hours. The only thing I was allowed to move were my arms. My arms were not allowed to go into the machine. It was 6 different 10 minutes of pictures being taken, from the base of my skull to my mid thighs. Then a group of 3 minutes each of pictures taken of my legs. It was very boring. I will more of these to come in the future.

I will find out the results on Friday, when to see the cancer doctor. On a funny note, I put the peatnutbutter into the fridge this morning. As soon as I realize what I did, I took it out. At supper, my dad tried to tell me that I left the peanutbutter in the fridge. He basically had me.

No comments: