Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Time in a Year

I was scheduled for blood work this afternoon at 4 pm. My port was accessed, did some saline and got blood return. The first thing of blood is always the waste, and after that, there was no more blood return. The nurse had me stand up, tried more saline, and finally around 4:50 gave me a dose of the clot buster drug. Around 5:25 pm, a different nurse tried to get blood return nothing, nada. I waited til about 6 pm, at first the nurse had a problem, but was able to get blood so it could be sent to the lab. I haven't had the clot buster drug in a year. A couple of times, the nurses thought they would have to give me that drug, but were able to get my port to co-operate and return blood before it was needed.

I'm praying that there is no problems with my port next week, when I have my procedures done. Also praying that I get over this cold soon. I took yesterday off from school to rest. My cold has moved to my sinuses. I will be able to continue taking Dayquil after tomorrow.

No comments: