Wednesday, April 20, 2011

God's Word

After taking a break, I am reading through Psalms twice this year, and the book of Proverbs every month. I have three different versions of the Bible in my bedroom, and I use a different one every month. This month, I am using the Living Bible. Today, was Proverbs 20. I have read that chapter 3 other times this year. This morning, verse 24 stuck out at me.

"Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way?"

That verse just struck me. I keep telling God I don't understand why. I don't understand why he let me be diagnosed with Melanoma 4 years ago, and why is there a good chance it is back now. This morning, God answered my prayer,through this verse. I do not need to understand everything that is going on. I know God will be glorified at the end of it all. I just need to trust God, He knows what He is doing.

***************************************************************************************

I am starting a new Bible Study next week. It is only six weeks long. This study was written by Blackaby and his son. They wrote Experiencing God. This study is about knowing and hearing God's voice. I am doing each day's study with my devotions. I can because I am on spring break. I am only in week one. I have to learn a verse every week. Here is this week's verse.

Deuteronomy 8:3 "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

No comments: